Update - All Summer Long





I opened up today to finally write an update.  I took an unprecedented two months away (although it hasn't seemed that long).  I wrote to a friend that I wasn't going to let real estate consume my life - but it did this summer.  This blog falls somewhere between personal and business....I love writing, always have, but like much of my non-professional life it has to take a seat behind the pressing needs of seeing, showing, and selling homes.  This can wait.  And has - way too long!

What was missed in the past couple months?  Personally, I can say the biggest change in my life was the birth of our second grandson, Oliver, on August 2nd.  I was taking photos of my new listing in Jordan (see above, and more on that later) when the call came that maybe we should think about heading down to Manhattan.  Bob came back from his job down the lake, I called for "dog support," and we left around noon.  A few minutes later we learned they were at Mt. Sinai.  An hour later the texts stopped.  At the Scott exit on Route 81South we stopped for a minute - and got the text the Oliver had been born.  We were in the City and able to hold him by 5:00 - amazing!  He is dark-haired (for now) and has a lot of it that sticks straight up.  Smaller than Liam, we know he will hold his own.

The week before my poor little Fiat was smashed as I showed a house on Orchard in the Village.  Never seen, it was sent flying over lawns to rest in the street.  No one - thank goodness - was hurt.  The driver experienced the opening of air bags and walked away, refusing medical assistance.  I was able to drive away (sort of) and after 5 long weeks in the Elbridge Summit body shop, am back on the road.  I doubt I will park on a Village street again - and think, please, before you do!  It's the second time I've been hit while parked.

Many of my listings have been sold and closed, with new ones coming on for the fall season.  The beauty above is in the Village of Jordan, at 149 North Main Street.  Huge house with huge bedrooms, a grand deck, sittable front porch, walk in and around pantry, second floor laundry, newer windows and a remarkably low utility cost.  The roof and furnace are basically new - what's to do but enjoy?  Oh yes - you can fish, too - the five acres is bisected by Skaneateles Creek!  An amazing property - listed for $245,000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open House Alert! 149 North Main Street - Jordan

The Third Twenty

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Six-Week Update