Too late


You might assume this job gets easier. The numbers of houses on the market continues to rise, buyers continue to get lost on their way to open homes and real estate interests continue to bleat and rattle the tin. And on the case of vested interests - my last post regarding Brockman Resources - I was a completely vested interest in that story, however there was one slight difference between myself and the real estate goons - I already knew the gig was up. Blind Freddy's deaf, dumb, blind and anosmia suffering cousin, Eddy, would have figured Wah Nam had the numbers for majority control. I just figured it made for an interesting story.

Game over there, now back to regular business. Does this get any easier? Not really. When it's completely obvious that something is amiss in housing, smarter people than me start turning their attention to the subject which makes me look a bigger idiot.

Never mind. Just like Charlie Sheen, I have loyal fans and can continue on in syndication forever, rehashing old posts.  Here's Johnathon (who my lazy arse finally gets around to answering)...
I read your blog regularly, thanks for the eagle eyed updates on the property market. I don't know who im dissapointed in more, the persistent crooked marketing of the real estate industry or myself for expecting any better of them.

I was up in Tamworth for the long weekend and found this article in the Tamworth Times, Wednesday 20th april page 7.

I couldn't believe the level the have pitched the article, like its something for year 10 students.. I especially love the comment;

"For anyone who has a mortgage, its a good idea to watch interest rates"

At least they didnt cover up their background in real estate. I hope this couple (if they do exist) have gone for something modest and are not as over exposed as they look.

Id be stoked if this made the post.. Keep up the good work!

If you're mildly impressed there's been disclosure in this article - don't be. As Johnathon says, it's high school stuff, but there's a good reason for that because the intended audience has barely passed their school uniform onto their younger sibling. The first home buyer-real-estate-agent-newspaper-article-gong-show has been playing out this year because the market fire has gone out and the real estate agents are getting worried - there's no more kindling around to restart the fire.

Enticing that kindling back into the market is the goal of these articles. Monkey see, monkey do. But if you're a first home buying monkey, give yourself some credit and ask - why should you or anyone else listen to Riley? He's 21, last time there was a recession he was crapping his nappies and sucking on his Mummy's titty.
Riley provides a unique selling method to his clients where there is no pressure - just industry, product and local market knowledge supported by an ability to interpret an ever changing market and provide valuable recommendations in a genuine, honest and open way.
I do give Riley, or his masters, credit for being able to interpret an ever changing market. If the market wasn't this bad he wouldn't be strutting down his driveway for the local newspaper and attempting to drum up business. But the real credit should go to Riley's friends.

"A lot of my friends are scared of property ownership but I was exposed to it through my job." At this point in time, that's kinda like being exposed to Fukushima through your job. While it sounds like Riley's friends have zipped up their radiation suits and taken their iodine tablets, Riley will have to battle on manfully - exposed at work and at home.

It's too late for some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open House Alert! 149 North Main Street - Jordan

The Third Twenty

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Six-Week Update