What a Week!

I have learned so much this week - about how to handle stress, mainly. And I know I'm not alone.

I've heard from several people who lament the passing of an art form - meet people, share houses over the internet, go see houses, check comps, negotiate briefly to buy the house of their dreams, have a home inspection that finds only a few issues, work out those issues, apply for a mortgage and get a good rate, get the commitment and update the abstract and have it surveyed and meet in an attorney's office to sign the papers. Ah, the good old days!

Now no deal is safe. It should be. Stocks rise and fall, but there's always the land. Nothing is so totally lopsided in Skaneateles, as it is in other parts of the country. Hold onto the property and it will increase in value.

Everyone complains about the bizarre market we're in. It's not just me, and it's not just agents. Anyone in the mix - attorneys, home inspectors, insurance people, mortgage processors and brokers - we all have our stories to tell.

So I walked a few miles today in this positively gorgeous fall weather, mowed the lawn the day before, talked and talked on my cell trying to work everything out and make my clients happy at least. It's going to be a few months or more before the good old days come back, but I have absolute faith they will!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open House Alert! 149 North Main Street - Jordan

The Third Twenty

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Six-Week Update