A Sure Sign of Spring

After touring quite a grand new listing on broker's open today - the only one this week - I went into the office to go through my mail and leave notes for other agents. As I left, I ran into an old friend who spends a great deal of the winter (and some of the summer) in South Carolina. Although he'd hate to be called a "snowbird," his return did herald spring.

As we stood and talked on the sidewalk outside Doug's, our discussion turned to real estate - surprise! He told me that last year his investment group purchased over 1.5 million in Syracuse. This represents about 15 houses. They are currently waiting for the banks to give them a go ahead for another round, but he states that it's slow.

"Everyone's being careful," he said. "We have a lot borrowed out there and they don't want to take risks."

He asked about Skaneateles and I told him. He reiterated the "everyone's being careful" comment, then reminded me that he had a great waterfront parcel quietly for sale. I in turn pitched him my multi-unit, and we both laughed.

"There are some good deals out there!" he said in parting.

There are indeed! Now is the time to scoop them up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open House Alert! 149 North Main Street - Jordan

The Third Twenty

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Six-Week Update